Arrival Procedure at the Pitt Meadows Airport:
The Google map (shown below) shows the location of the Pitt Meadows Airport.
Directions To The Gliding Area:
Please ensure you read the directions below, as the gliding activities occur in a separate part of the Airport.
- East on Hwy 7A (Lougheed Hwy) to Harris Rd. Pitt Meadows, turn right (south) onto Harris Rd.
- Harris Rd to Ford Rd. turn right on Ford Rd.
- Ford Rd. to Baynes Rd. continue west past Baynes on Ford Rd. for approximately ½ km to the first gated drive way on the left leading onto the airfield.
- Turn left into the field, parking is available in the grass area.
- Assemble near the RED cones; DO NOT; DO NOT go past the RED cones.
- The escort officer, Cadets and parents/drivers are required to wait for an escort from the Gliding program.
Parents/drivers must not leave until the escort from the Gliding program arrives. It is imperative that the parents, drivers, Cadets, and escort Officers understand that they are not permitted on the airfield without an LMFV gliding escort. If the parents or drivers for the Cadets arrive late, they are required to call the Site Commander or the Squadron Escort Officer and request assistance. Parents or drivers are NOT to seek out assistance or direction on how to get on the airfield from any of the tenants at the airport.